Sunday, March 25, 2007

the shake shack

so i waited 45 minutes in line today for the shake shack burger, fries and diet coke. i guess it's better than your average hamburger but still... 45 minutes? and after i paid for the cheese fries, the guy at the counter who handed my food told me that their cheese isn't coming out quite right so no cheese for me. ugh! i was highly eager to chow down on my cheese fries and i was severely disappointed. and my friend who got paid her food at the same time i did was told that they were out of cheese. not that i want my .50 cents back but the whole thing was kind of annoying. their fries weren't all that either, gimme mcdonald's fries anyday!

granted, the idea of having burgers in madison square park is rather appealing. and of course, the electricity at the shack is powered by wind... and i've been told that they do have the most off-the-hook shakes and frozen custard. which i didn't try today. maybe because i was starving by the time i got my food, i have say my shack burger was delicious. it was smaller than expected but then, what was i expecting? a whopper? fries were just ok. even though they were trans-fat free and made from organic potatoes.

shake shack is owned and operated by the same people who run the union square cafe and grammercy tavern so you know the food is going to be good. overall, my $9 lunch was pretty good and filling. but, i don't think i ever want to stand in that line ever again...

No comments: