Wednesday, May 9, 2007

away from her

i really want to go see this movie! away from her is a "beautifully moving love story that deals with memory and the circuitous, unnamable paths of a long marriage." you can read the rest of the synopsis here at moviefone.com.

what really got me was the tagline of the movie poster: sometimes you have to let go of what you can't live without.

that line really moved me. hello, why would i want to let go of something that i can't live without? and what would push me to let it go?? i get choked up just thinking about this. letting go of someone in my family, my boyfriend or who knows what else?? that got me thinking and wanting to see this movie. the husband, out of his sheer love for his wife (who's suffering from alzheimer's disease) "embarks of the greatest act of self-sacrifice of his life as a means to attaining his wife’s final happiness". wow, i'm really curious how that movie plays out. what does this "great act of self-sacrifice" look like??

i'm going to drag d go to see this move this saturday....


No comments: